Limina Collective brings art and audiences together through mindful engagement
Limina Collective is a small, passionate team of mindfulness and arts experts. We share an enthusiasm for the interplay between mindfulness and art and the possibilities for positive impact on museum experience and future visitors.
Limina Collective brings bespoke meditation and reflection practices to the museum environment. With over 50 years’ collective experience in mindfulness and creative activities in museums, galleries and adult education, our workshops support
- deeper engagement with artworks and museum collections
- awareness of the interrelationship between gallery spaces, objects and mind
- enhanced creativity and sense of wellbeing
- appreciation of simplicity and beauty amidst the busyness of everyday life
Our multi-disciplinary toolkit includes
- mindfulness approaches and short guided meditations
- drawing, mark-making and writing
- art interpretation, history and discussion
- slow-looking and ‘slow art’ practices
- group work and play
Why mindfulness and art?
Mindfulness unlocks the ability to pay attention to the present moment, with purpose and curiosity, without judgment, and tuned in with all the senses. Looking at art offers a valuable opportunity to practise mindfulness and make time for the wonder and richness of the visual world, as seen through the eyes of an artist. Art galleries and museums are restful spaces within the city, available for quiet contemplation, while mindfulness approaches enhance the experience, appreciation and understanding of art.